Funky Hair Styles

9.2.07


Just thought I would add some more fun/silly looking hair styles!
__________________________________________



This post was a lot of fun. Blogger friend Drea introduced me to this. Go take a look!

I actually made several more styles but these were my favorites. I did Jacob as well for fun. I love long hair on both boys and girls so it kind of gave me an idea of what he might look like if that ever happened lol (my poor boy, I don't think he will like this when he gets older hehe) Who knows maybe I'll have a little girl some day).....don't worry lol his hair probably wont ever be that long! Short hair is just so much easier to look after.

Actually, I am considering going for a different look in real life lol as my hair has reached my butt and there really is nothing I can do with it and it is getting to be a nuisance. Growing up my hair was usually short or shoulder length so I am quite happy with the length it has finally gotten now at 25. and here I am considering chopping it off. I will keep you posted on that in the future if I ever get enough courage to try something different.

I have experimented with different colors as well. I have been jet black, red and blonde and everything in between. In college I usually died it platinum blonde and am thinking about going back to that. When I had Jacob I went darker because it was easier to match with my roots and hide greys. Yes....believe it or not I do have a few of those. I found when I had blonde hair I was constantly dieing my roots because it grew so fast and I didn't want to deal with that when Jacob was a baby.....now I think I will go back to that. What do you think? Any ideas on what I should do?

You can try your own makeovers here: http://www.ivillage.co.uk/

15 comments:

Drea said...

I love the short sleek hairstyle on you, the dark one. (top right) its so cute

Summer said...

Hey Shanilie. Love the pictures. How did you do that? I you give me some pointers. Thanks

Ellie said...

Oh how fun!!! I love Jacob's pictures too! Too cute!

Shanilie said...

Thank you everyone :)

Drea: Everyone seems to like my hair darker....and I've always liked it blonde lol

Sure thing summer. I'll come to your site and let you know how I did it.

Ellie: :) Jacob does look pretty cute even with a girls cut lol. But there is no mistaking him for a girl. He has always been very boyish looking even at birth.

Ute said...

I just agree with all the others, I love the style with the dark hair. That suits to your face. I'd rather go for the dark not for the blond site..:-)) I'm going to do this as well, because I'm always searching for the right style of my hair. Really funny!

|dAia| said...

hey,you look great with short hair.i prefer the blonde,but the black one is nice too.

Shanilie said...

Ute: Yes, you should try it out. It is a lot of fun.

Drea: Yup :) These are not my fav's but I had fun doing them.

Daia: Yae, someone who prefers the blonde like me :) jk~! Thanks for the comment :)

Danna said...

Love the pictures! Way to cute...where did you go for them?

Shanilie said...

Danna: http://www.ivillage.co.uk/

Click under the beauty option and click on hair on the left column it says virtural make over. From there it will show you the rest on how to upload your own photo. Have fun! Have you been by my blog before?

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

What a fun post! I went to the site & tried it out. I wanted to ask you a question though~how were you able to post the styles on your blog? I saved the ones I did but can'tfigure out how to get them on my blog?!? If you could let me know, I'd appreciate it :)

Shanilie said...

Hi Connie :)This part is a little tricky. It was new to me too.

What you need to do once you are satisfied with your new look (don't hit save or anything) on your keyboard there is a button called print screen and looks like this (prtScnSysRq) after hitting that button nothing will happen you will then have to open up paint and click ctrl V and paste into paint. It should show you the whole entire web site. Then just crop your picture.
-save as a copy as a jpg. and upload onto the blog the normal way you would any photo. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Hi Shanilie :) Thanks for the instructions~I will try that when I have more time. Justin has Extension Camp today @ school & I have to leave to go pick him up @ 4. But in the meantime, while Kendall's napping (now), I need to get some laundry folded & put up. Thanks SO much for filling me in though~you're more computer savvy than you know :))))) Thanks my blogger friend :)

Laura said...

HI Shan,

I like the shoulder length dark hairstyle with layers. It just seems to frame your face and make your eyes stand out.

Shanilie said...

Thanks Laura :) I showed my family these pictures and they said right out of the blue...you look like Laura there! Thought you might enjoy that ;)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP