Feb. 14th Around The Corner

8.2.07

Well, Valentine's Day is just around the corner and I am still thinking about what I am going to do. I LOVE love, and I think it should be celebrated if not every day of the year then Feb. 14th.

"Love is a many splendid thing, love lifts us up where we belong.....all you need is love....all you need is love. Where the eagles fly on the mountain high.....just because I will always love you...and I can't help letting you. How wonderful life is now you're in the world." Moulin Rouge

"Never knew I could feel like this, want to vanish inside your kiss. Every day I love you more and more, listen to my heart can you hear it say telling me to give you everything, seasons may change winter to spring but I'll love you, till the end of time. Come what may, I will love you untill my dieing day." Moulin Rouge (love those songs!) I could sing those for you any day.

Ryan and I try to find ways to do special things without having to spend money we don't have on a bunch of things we don't need.....especially chocolate.....my thighs just don't need that! I usually:

Make a special dinner
Make home made coupons (for example: free back/foot massage, breakfast in bed things like that)
I am into card making so I usually make all of my cards. I don't like to spend over $6.00 for a store bought card
Ryan has written me poetry or played a song on the guitar that he wrote
Let the other person sleep in
We enjoy playing games as well
Breakfast in bed

There are other things that we do that I can't think of. There are so many ways to make things special without having to spend money. So, I am thinking of venturing out of my usuals and trying something new. What things (if any) do you do on Valentine's Day or other days through the year? I'm looking for some inspiration. I wish everyone could experience the amazing feeling of being loved by the love of your life. Praise the Lord when he describes the church as The Bride of Christ. How much more love God has for every one of us than compared to the love from our spouce. Gives me chills just thinking about it. Such an amazing thought!

The snow is falling pretty steady at this moment and the white blanket of snow is beautiful. I wish Jacob didn't mind the cold so much then we could play outside a little longer than just a few minutes. My throat still kills. I keep thinking eventually everything has to go away right??? Wrong. I had planned to make an appointment to go to the doctor some time this week and it is already Thursday and they are booked solid....maybe next week. I guess I am a sucker for punishment.

My Mom dropped in unexpectedly this morning. It was her day off work and she usually visits or stays for lunch. This time I had a million things on the go so Mom offered to take Jacob over to her place till lunch. Free time! Well, not really. Things around the house don't stay spotless for very long with a little one in the house. I also mopped my floor with Pine Sol. That is the only kind I have ever used. I absolutely love the smell. What scents and cleaners do you like? The more I blog, the more I realize that I tend to repeat myself so if I keep doing that tell me to talk about something new....because I think I posted something recently to the effect of using Pine Sol on my floors lol.

9 comments:

Janet a.k.a. "Wonder Mom" said...

I love that picture!
You are so cute, the two of you.

My hubs and I don't really celebrate V-day...My birthday is a few weeks after so we combine the two. I get a nice gift, dinner and alone time...I look forward to it every year...

Have a great day!

Summer said...

So did the powder work on getting the vaseline out of Jacob's hair?
I won't be celebrating Valentine's Day cause my boyfriend is away at school. It is usually like any other day around here on Valentines Day. I like that picture of you and Ryan. So adorable.

Margo said...

I love that homemade coupon thing! The hubster and I have done those before. A lot of fun!

Ute said...

Hi, we don't celebrate Valentine's Day over here.
But what I really love is, that my husband always takes care in winter mornings that my car is free of ice (we don't have a garage). He is walking the dog, while I get the kids dressed and ready. It is dark and cold and ugly and he don't want me to stay in the cold and scratch ice from the carwindows. This is not romantic after all, but I love him for doing this.
Not really an inspiration for you, I guess.

Shanilie said...

Janet: Aww thank you :) Not my fav. picture in the world but it's of the 2 of us. Seems like most of our pictures end up being either Jacob and me or Ryan and Jacob.

That sounds really nice....dinner and alone time. Great way to celebreate a birthday. Sounds like a special time.

Summer: Oh lol, I guess I assumed that you were married. What is your boyfriend taking at school?

The powder kind of just added to the mess and Jacob doesn't like his head fussed with so....there is still a little oilyness left in it.

Margo: I used to make them for mom for Mother's Day then re-vamped them for Ryan on Valentine's day lol. The other day I was shopping and they had an actual coupon book with little lovey dovey things to do for your spouse for 10$!!!! I mean yes it looks a little more professional but come on....what a waste of money....I kind of enjoy making up my own little "ideas" ;)

Ute: That is so sweet. Those are very romantic thoughtful things to do for the other person....especially in winter. That is one of the most innoying jobs. You know, I might just try scraping the ice off of the car windows some morning before Ryan heads off for work....so you did inspire me! Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shanilie. He's taking Welding/Fabricator. he says he wants to get over in Alberta when he is finished school. I kinda doubt that I will be going with him. I don't want to be away from my Mom&Dad in a different province. It's kind of scary. do I sound selfish? If you want check out my blog and leave a comment.
Summer

Shanilie said...

Oh, I see. Seems like everyone is heading west for various jobs. I have several family members working in northern Alberta the pay is good and there are jobs available. I'll keep you in my prayers during this uncertain time. Moves are not always fun.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

That's a great photo of you two~you lovebirds ;) We (Bobby & I) don't really celebrate Valentine's day but we do for Justin & now for Kendall~we usually get Justin a box of chocolates & a stuffed animal for Kendall. I think I'm going to have to borrow the "homeade coupon" idea for us though~I think Bobby would like that :) Sorry you're feeling bad & hope that you feel better soon & are able to get in to the dr. next week. That was nice of your Mom to take Jacob :) All Moms can deginitely utilize opportunities like that~as much as we love our children, it's nice every once & a while :) I *love* Pine SOl~another similarity we have, LOL! I use it on our tile floors that are in the kitchen & bathrooms. For our hardwood floors, I use Murphy's Oil :) But, I love the scent of Pine Sol~it just smells so clean :)

Shanilie said...

Connie: Thanks :) Everyone seems to like that picture. It is just a candid shot but like I said there are not many pictures now taken with just the two of us.

Have fun making the 'coupons' it is fun thinking of ideas....if Bobby is like me I usually end up using them all in one day lol

.....hmmm I wonder if there is such a thing as Pine Sol sented perfume jk. Smells so fresh and everyone who comes to visit is always commenting on it.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP