So Much To Do, So Little Time

11.1.07

Jacob wearing his new PJ's and robe. He such a man boy! *click image for larger view*

Exhausted …….completely exhausted. Ryan and I spent the day with my aunt Sandy and her 3 yr old daughter Molly. Went shopping, had lunch etc. I have hardly been out of the house at all since all of our illnesses and she lives about an hour away, so the drive was quite tiring as well. We had a great time. Jacob especially loved playing with their geo-trax set. He even knew how to control the moving trucks with the remote. I was so proud of him.....and think I will invest in a geo-trax set on his 2nd b-day. There are connector sets that you can buy to add onto it for future b-days but Jacob has a lot of years of childhood yet and he loves wooden train set/table we got him for Christmas but this one is quite different. Anyway Jacob and I both just collapsed on the couch when we got home. I guess we are still catching up on our rest. Jacob is currently watching Shrek. He has a few favorites like The Incredibles, Polar Express, Finding Nemo and Veggie Tales…and the new recent movie that he got for Christmas was Car’s. Since I’ve been home I was able to get all the dishes washed, 5 loads of laundry washed + folded, carpets vacuumed and I really want to pine sol the floors but the day is just too short. Ryan will be home for supper this evening so I wanted to have a nice supper and decided to have s+s spare ribs. One of our favorite meals. I had better run, there is always so much to do and too little time. When we are all healthy I feel like I am never home long enough to get all the things done that I would like to. I don't think it is good for children to be sitting at home doing nothing all day, so we usually go and visit someone. Jacob loves it too and interacting with other people is a great way to learn. I will just have to not overload myself so much when I am feeling good.

6 comments:

Summer said...

Hi Shanilie. I know what you mean. You wake up in the morning do chores, go out for awhile, come home and then realize you got more chores to do and it's almost dinnertime. I do that all the time. I always say to myself "Where has the time gone?" Hope you have a good night and a better day tomorrow.

P.S. Good luck with the baby contest. I always like to watch Regis and Kelly's baby contest.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto~I can totally relate to this post! I think all mommies overload themselves at times! You got a good bit done though w/what time you had~way to go :)

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Sorry~I forgot to say~very cute pics of Jacob in his pj's & robe :) We have all the movies you mentioned but Kendall just isn't interested in tv yet~he'd much rather be playing w/his toys!

Shanilie said...

Thanks Summer. I enjoy doing these sort of things.

Connie: Thank you. I can tell you I don't usually get that much done in a day lol.

You are lucky! I wish Jacob would play with his toys more. He gets very interested in what he is watching that it is hard to break his attention. Some days I just leave it off and I think he thinks it is a punishment or something and stands by the TV wondering when I am going to turn it off. He loves books though. I recently put all of his books at his reach and he is always grabing one and running over to me to read to him.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

You're welcome :) There are days that I don't get alot accomplished either but I feel our kids are more important though, don't you :) All children are unique & are interested in different things :) On the other hand, Justin LOVES tv & I have a hard time getting his attention @ times. That's so cute that Jacob stands by the tv~I'm sure he doesn't think it's punishment though. That's awesome that he's interested in books~Kendall is too :) Well, I hope you, Ryan, & Jacob have a fantastic weekend, my blogger friend :)

Ryan said...

Thank you to my wife for a delicious meal. The ribs were fantastic. I'm still not entirely sure how you managed to get all that done in one day

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP