Our Charlie Brown Christmas Tree

11.12.06

Ok…promise me you won’t laugh when you see these pictures. Ok…here it is….our decorated Christmas tree……

Well, What did you think? We had a lot of fun anyway. Last weekend Jacob, Ryan and I went into the forest back by our place to find ourselves our first Charlie Brown Tree! This is our fourth Christmas together and this is the first year that we have had a real tree in the house. It smells amazing. I guess it is as fresh as it could possibly get and very sticky! Ryan thought it would be a great family experience going back into the woods, pick out a tree, and cut it down with a hand saw. We did that a few times when I was little, I guess Ryan wanted in on that and create some of our own family memories and traditions for ourselves. We strung popcorn for garland and I made some gingerbread cookies….and put candy canes on the tree. So….there it is our old fashioned Christmas tree. Jacob keeps going over to it and taking off the candy canes. He has eaten too many as it is, so I may have to put the bottom half of the decorations up farther so he won’t keep eating them! Above all, we had a great experience, and because of it I think this is the best Christmas tree that we have ever had.
Before.....
After....
Oh, I also switched to the new version of blogger and…..I wish I hadn’t switched. Everything is so much different. When I try to sign in or leave comments on another person’s blog I have at least two more steps to go through…..sign in on my old account then I have to sign into blogger beta then I have to go back to that persons blog and re-write my comment then it will be sent. The only new feature that I like it the privacy controls …which I don’t know if I will use yet or not…..and the option to make changes to the template and it will save everything for you…..I am tempted to do that, but that would mean that I would have to start all over again :-( hmm maybe in the new year. We will see. What do you think of the new blogger? Likes…dislikes?

8 comments:

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

Oh, there's nothing wrong w/your tree :) And just think of the wonderful memories you're creating for Jacob :) We've had a real tree for many years, probably the last 10 years at least, & i just LOVE it~I wouldn't have it any other way. I love that you have homeade decorations on your tree also~that's so creative & just adds a "homey" touch to your tree :) I know that you all are really enjoying it~especially Jacob w/the candy canes, tee hee!

Concerning Blogger Beta, I switched a while back & I haven't had any problems so far~knock on wood~where's my head, LOL! But no, I like it & it seems to load things quicker. YOu shouldn't have to be signing in twice though, I just sign in to Blogger Beta. Hmmmm??? I hope you get everything worked out & eventually like Blogger Beta :)

Ryan said...

We certainly had fun bringing in our Charlie Brown tree. It took some work but I am glad we did it. It gave me an appreciation for what it would have been like to celebrate Christmas years ago before everything got overly commercialized. It was a great family memory.

Shanilie said...

Yes, we sure are creating a lot of wonderful memories...I don't know how much Jacob will remember but he is almost 2...I think I have some memories as early as then.

Shanilie said...

Thank you for your comment Ryan :-) you surprised me! I love surprises. I can't wait to find out my surprise that you were talking about yesterday. Love you! xoxo

Rachael said...

Ooo, I love your tree. It looks really nice.....really it does lol.

Shanilie said...

hehe very funny Rach. Very convincing. :-)

Jamie said...

Wow, that's one crazy looking Christmas tree! It looks like you guys had fun though! We don't have room for a tree in our place:(

As for blogger beta, I agree that you shouldn't have to sign in twice. All I ever use now is my beta (or google) account. I've had some problems commenting on non-beta blogs, but I just click on 'anonymous' and type my name at the end of my comment.

Shanilie said...

Wow, now that is an idea. You don't have to sign in when you click on anonymous. Change is the spice of life I guess lol. I am gradually getting used to blogger beta. There are a lot of nice features.

You have such a beautiful family. Ryan and I are still "working" on number 2. In God's time I guess.

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP