Feeling Better

17.12.06

Well, the last couple days have not been fun. Here is an overview of a Mom's busy days ..... here's how it went:

Thursday approx. 6:00PM --> I started having really bad stomach pain, and not really thinking anything of it went on with my day.

Friday, 7:00AM --> Starting to feel a little light headed, but still I didn’t feel too bad.

10:00 AM --> My Mom came over to drop off the baking supplies. At that point I told her about the stomach pain that I had been having.

11:00AM --> It was approaching Jacob’s nap time, so I figured I would sleep while I had the chance. (thinking that when I woke up I would be feeling better) but I didn’t sleep at all.

1:00PM --> When I woke up I felt terrible, was fainting and going to the washroom constantly. It went from bad to worse to the point that I called Mom to come over and watch Jacob. I did not see that coming. I haven’t been that sick in a long, long time.

2:00PM – 8:00PM --> A lot of running to the washroom and hugging the toilette, feeling like I was going to die.
Bed Time: Woke up feeling a LOT better.

Saturday, 1:00PM --> Jacob started having really bad stomach pain.

2:00PM – 4:00PM --> Cried straight, no BM’s or vomiting at that point. Very hard, bloated stomach.
4:00PM --> Bed time, Jacob stopped crying.

9:30PM --> Ryan and I went to bed and checked up on Jacob who started crying. There was vomit all over his bedding and clothes. We stripped him and his sheets, and cleaned everything up while he laid in our bed.

10:00PM – 4:00AM --> Vomiting/Runny BM’ s every half hour.
4:00AM – 8:00AM --> Slept through
8:00AM --> Feeling a lot better. Ate a few soda crackers, apple juice and a few bites of yogurt.

Currently 10:27AM --> Jacob is sleeping.

It was the oddest 24 hour flu I have ever heard of. The only thing I am hoping for now is that Ryan doesn’t get it. He has a lot of shifts booked till Christmas eve to make up for the $ he will not be getting since it is Christmas vacation for teachers. Please Pray!

I have never seen Jacob that sick before. Jacob slept between me and Ryan and seemed quite content. It was the first time that he had ever slept in our bed before….other than when he was a few days old. At one point through the night Jacob went and laid on the floor at the foot of the bed and slept soundly. It was sooo cute. I wanted to take a picture but then decided against it. Taking pictures of my sick child…..what kind of Mom would I be lol jk. The above pictures were taken first thing this morning when we were all feeling better. I thought it was so cute father and son sleeping so soundly beside each other, and not only that; Jacob was sleeping on our bed. He has never done that before…Kodak moment.


So much for doing Christmas baking the last two days that I had planned to. Perhaps later on today. I will keep you posted.


8 comments:

Kara said...

Hi,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. Sorry to hear about your flu stuff. I think that's what I have the beginnings of right now. I woke up this morning just feeling funny. I hope it all ends for you soon. Thanks for checking out my blog. Yours is great.
Kara

Jamie said...

Ugh - Sounds awful! We had the flu twice this year (both while I was pregnant!) Both times Micah got it first and then Erik and I were both hit at the same time about 24 hours later - thank goodness for family to help out!!

Hope you're all better and that your hubby stays healthy!

Shanilie said...

Kara: Thanks for poping by my blog. I am glad you liked it. I am always trying to find new ways to "spruce" it up.

Jamie: Oh, I feel so bad....I hope that is not a sign of things to come for me once I am expecting. It is funny how it seems to hit whole families all at once. Yes, Thank goodness for family...I don't know what I would have done without them.

mamaof2sweetangelboys said...

OH, sorry to hear you guys were sick :( Hope you all feel better soon! Precious pics :)

Shanilie said...

I thought we were getting better...then last night Jacob threw up all over his crib again... hopefully it will be better today.

laura said...

Hey, that sounds terrible! I hope you guys are feeling better now. Cute pics anyway :)

Shanilie said...

Hey Laura! Thanks for the comment. We are not out of the clear yet....yesterday Ryan got it and now today Jacob is still not keeping down any fluids. Hopefully the gravol helps.

Laura said...

Hey, thats too bad! Hopefully you'll be healthy again as soon as possible!

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP